These jalapeño poppers are creamy, smoky and loaded with cheese! The perfect party appetizer!
Football season is in full swing and this delicious dish is perfect for your next game day/ tailgating party. Roasted to perfection, guests will not be able to resist fresh jalapeños stuffed with cheese and bacon; topped with crumbles of Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps! These are the ultimate party or game day snack!
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO POPPERS
It's probably not surprising that the first ingredient in this recipe is a jalapeño pepper. Look for jalapeños that are about 3-4 inches long. If they're too small they’ll be difficult to stuff. Half the jalapeños and scoop out the middle.
Removing the seeds and insides eliminates most of the heat from the peppers; if you like it spicier, leave some of it in. The peppers are stuffed with a combination of cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese and topped with Farmer's Pantry Cornbread Crisps.
Next comes the bacon! While you're cleaning the jalapeños, cook the bacon strips and when done, break into crumbs. Avoid thick cut bacon as it’ll take a lot longer to crisp up in the pan. You can serve Farmer's Jalapeño Poppers with a side of ranch for dipping, but they’re simply delicious as-is!
This is one of those party snacks where everyone will be asking you for the recipe! If you’re pressed for time, fill the jalapeños up to 8 hours before you plan to bake them. Just store them in the fridge until you’re ready to go. You might even want to consider making a double batch, they’re so yummy they’ll disappear quickly!
Farmer's Roasted Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 Jalapeños
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup crushed Farmer's Pantry Barbecue Cornbread Crisps
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Half your jalapeños and scoop out the middle
- Mix together the cream cheese, half the cheddar cheese, bacon, and seasoning.
- Stuff the peppers and top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Then add Farmer's Pantry Cornbread Crisps and return to oven for another 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!