Farmer's Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are the perfect snack for game day or as an appetizer to serve while catching up with friends. By adding cornbread crisps to your wing recipe, you add another level of crunchy delicious flavor!
Farmer's Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are spicy, crunchy, and finger-licking good! The only downside is that you might run out!
- 1 cup Farmer’s Pantry Original Cornbread Crisps, crushed (use Jalapeño for an extra spicy kick!)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot®
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
1. Remove chicken wings from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Pat dry.
2. In a bowl, mix together the crushed Cornbread Crisps, corn starch, and flour. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. In a sauce pan, add Buffalo Sauce ingredients. See Directions below for Buffalo Sauce.
4. While you make the sauce, add oil to a heavy-bottomed pot. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Test the heat of the oil by flicking some water into it – if the water sizzles, the oil is ready.
5. Dip each chicken wing into the flour mix and then lower them into the oil - fry about 4 wings at a time to ensure you don’t decrease the temperature of the oil by overcrowding the pot.
6. Fry the wings for 4-5 minutes on each side. After frying, let them cool slightly on a plate lined with paper towels.
7. After you have cooked all the wings, toss them in a bowl with the Buffalo Sauce.
1. In a sauce pan, combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a pot and place over medium heat.
2. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk.
3. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.