Farmer’s Crispy Chicken and Waffles Casserole is stuffed with gooey cheese, fluffy waffles and Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps coated, oven fried chicken! Layered and baked delicious goodness, the family will love this yummy casserole, great for breakfast or whenever you’re in the mood for southern comfort food.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 8 frozen waffles, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
Directions:1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, spices, and Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps
3. Dip the chicken cubes into the mix and evenly coat them. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
4. While the chicken cooks, grease an 8x13 inch baking dish.
5. Layer half of the waffles into the baking dish.
6. Add half of the cooked chicken on top. Then add half of the cheese.
7. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
8. Whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and milk.
9. Pour over the casserole.
10. Bake for 40 minutes.