Farmer’s Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Stuffed meatballs have all the flavors of buffalo hot wings without the guilt! A healthier alternative to chicken wings, these buffalo chicken meatballs are the perfect appetizer or main to serve the family.
- ¾ cup Farmer’s Pantry Original Cornbread Crisps, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella
- 2/3 cup Frank's RedHot®
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
Meatballs:1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or a baking mat.
2. Combine your ground turkey, egg, and Cornbread Crisps crumbs in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to the mix.
3. Roll the meat into bite sized balls.
4. Flatted the meatball with your thumb and add ½ tablespoon of mozzarella to the center of the bite.
5. Roll the meatball and add to your baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
6. Bake the meatballs for 40 minutes.
7. While the meatballs bake, make your buffalo sauce.
8. Once the meatballs have finished cooking coat with finished Buffalo Sauce.
Buffalo Sauce:1. Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a pot and place over medium heat.
2. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk.
3. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.